Friday, May 16, 2008

All it gives and all it takes....

If my college pals still remember, I wrote this poem for a lil contest announced by John Immanuel, our English teacher (that was his designation.. That doesn't mean he knew English actually.. Probably he missed seeing " CAUGHT IN THE WRONG JOB?!" ad on TV. ) Anyways, back to the point, the contest ultimately became a super comedy... The most hilarious poems without a subject were chosen as the best. However, this one is ever close to my heart... So many similies... indirect meanings... I thought I should open it up for your reading.

"I...? Falling in love? - Impossible" he uttered
Fate giggled in reply, " Every plant flowers,
Every bud does bloom!"

A new dawn, the red rose's bud
Smiled up in his garden.
His sight - a girl - Her beauty
Splendid, looks stunning,
Her words - soothing and knowledge - inviting!
Warmth, passion and what not?
Thought spun round her
His heart spoke of none else!!

His qualities - not too less,
She resisted not... The flower did bloom!
"Life without her" - He dared not to imagine!!
He adules, "WHAT ALL LOVE GIVES!"

The flower does fade and wither too,
Dusk came, she said, "I'm wedded",
And in her finger, glittered his sorrow.
Then came the words,
"WHAT ALL LOVE TAKES"....

Right did Scott say,
" Love swells like a Solway,
And ebbs like its tide."


Dated: 11 July 2004

1 comment:

tr bharath said...

ada paavi...nee ellaam oru nanban!!! how can I forget the "lil contest!" for i was the winner!!!! lol.....though urs is much better....